Saturday, April 12, 2008

internal hernias........what's that???

last Tuesday....i woke up and took a bath, prepare to have along day in front of my laptop because this Friday is my thesis end date......suddenly my dad called....he said...my mom was in the hospital and the doctor said she needs to undergo an immediate major operation.....WHAT?????

i change my clothes in 10 second..get myself ready and rush to the airport.....spent RM260 for air ticket but still have to wait until afternoon for the latest flight......when i reach hospital my mom already in the surgical room...and my dad don't even know the cause and what type of surgery is going to happen my mom.....huh....my heart beat so fast and hard at that moment....i don't have anything to do except to wait and pray for her.....

4 hours later....the doctor came out and tell us my mom was alright....she suffered from a sudden disease called internal hernia....is a very rare case but my mom was lucky because she was sent to the hospital at the right time....huh....thank god!!!

Internal hernia is an uncommon cause of small bowel obstruction. Intestinal obstruction due to internal hernia is very dangerous and lethal because it may be silent or may present as severe acute abdominal pain. we describe a transmesnteric hernia recently came to our department, which was diagnosed on typical intravenous and intraluminal contrast enhanced CT findings followed by CT angiography to characterize the vascular changes.

No comments: